For those who are interested in gaining experience in Translation, A Woman’s Paris® is offering internships as seen bellow:
A Woman’s Paris® – Joie de Vivre
A place where stories from emerging and seasoned writers and artists reach followers worldwide to showcase regional style and culture, nurturing an aesthetic attitude and joie de vivre as a way of life.
Internship Title: French Translation Internship
Description: French/English and English/French translation of texts for A Woman’s Paris® (AWP)
• Direct report: AWP Translations Manager – Elyse Rozina, University of Minnesota intern
• Assignments: Translations from archive of back issues as originally published in English and future texts
• Assist in solicitation of stories/interviews worldwide
• Acknowledgment of your translation will appear at the end of each published text
• French student with satisfactory credit completion of French translation university or college courses
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in French/English
• Ability to multi-task and demonstrate enthusiasm for the work, as well as the industry and culture
• Well-prepared, work product is translators responsibility; all duties of translation without any help or use
of translation engines, such as “Bablefish” or “Google Translate,” web root or other sites of this kind.
Resources limited to dictionaries, either online or in “hard copy,” Wordreference.com may be adequate.
You may have the opportunity to review your assignments with your professor before submitting your
work to the AWP Translations Manager. Text will be assigned (or chosen by you) and provided online by
the AWP Translations Manager/Publisher.
• Responsible for all work submitted; text formatted in French, single-spaced ready for WordPress posting
• Desired: written stories about style, food, culture or travel in French/English (copyright belongs to you)
• Knowledge of Facebook and Twitter; knowledge of WordPress is desirable
• To be determined by your professor and university or college
Duration: 2013 school calendar: Winter/Spring/Summer/Fall quarters
Hours: 4-6 hours per week at student’s location and periodic phone call with AWP Translations Manager/Publisher
Start date: Immediately
Compensation: Mentor for business, writing, marketing, advertising, art & design; professional introductions, letters of recommendation, and resume building. Unpaid.
A Woman’s Paris® (AWP) is an online publication of commentary, criticism, essay, fiction, interviews and art featuring stories on popular culture in France, Fracophone countries and around the world. Starting in January 2010, the magazine is published weekly and is known for its topical illustration; its commentary on popular culture; its fact checking and clean editing; prides itself on cosmopolitan sophistication; and is free to subscribers. Recurring themes are fashion and beauty, including culture and cuisine, covering an eclectic array of topics with a French aesthetic. Subscribers have access to the full current issue online, as well as a complete archive of back issues viewable as they were originally published in English and French.
Google Analytics® confirm our readers are affluent, educated, between the ages of 25-40, whose interests include: travel, fashion, cosmetics, jewelry, science and nature. More than 2,085 viewers worldwide follow A Woman’s Paris. Circulation is 59% in the U.S., France 9%, Canada 6.8%, UK 4%, Australia 3.6%, and other countries 17.6% (Google Analytic®) http://awomansparis.wordpress.com/
CONTACT: Barbara Redmond, publisher of A Woman’s Paris® (AWP) 612.669.1331 firstname.lastname@example.org