The Department of French and Italian is pleased to announce the following scholarships to support study abroad in 2016-2017.
- Margaret J. Talle Study Abroad Scholarship in French
- Aron M. Blankenburg Memorial Scholarship for Italian
- The Italian Cultural Center of Minneapolis/St. Paul Study Abroad Scholarship
- French & Italian Study Abroad Scholarship
- Marguerite Guinotte Memorial Travel Grant in French Studies
Application materials include the following:
- an application form downloadable from the Department website at http://frit.umn.edu/ugrad/
- an unofficial transcript
- a letter of recommendation from that instructor who is best able to assess the applicant’s academic and intellectual capacities
- an application essay describing the applicant’s previous engagement with French or Italian Studies and what further learning would be made possible by the scholarship
For a detailed description of these scholarships, see the following document.
The award selection will be made by the faculty of the Department of French and Italian. Applications must be submitted in hard copy to the Department of French and Italian, 314 Folwell Hall, by 12:00 p.m. on Friday, March 11, 2016. For further information, contact Professor Mary Franklin-Brown, Director of Undergraduate Studies, at email@example.com.